The Official Site of the Delmarva Shorebirds' Fan Club
FAN CLUB MEETINGS
During the season, there are no formal meetings. Join us for events, trips, parties for the players and, of course, the games at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium .
During the off-season, we meet on the third Tuesday of the month at 7:00 at the Eastern Shore Hall of Fame at Perdue Stadium.
The Minutes of the Last Meeting are below:
DELMARVA SHOREBIRDS FAN CLUB
PO Box 1484
DELMARVA SHOREBIRDS FAN CLUB MEETING
SEPTEMBER 23, 2008
The following members attended the meeting:
Jeff Bacon, Tom Probert, Bob and Marge Straub, John Flaherty, Kenny Green, Ella Walker, Charlie and Debbie Silcott, Dick Passwater, Mike Swartz, Ken Mahan
The meeting was called to order by Gil Dunn at 7 PM.
Minutes were approved as corrected. (In the minutes the meeting was adjourned at 7:34 AM instead of 7:34 PM.)
The treasurer's report was approved. We currently show a balance of $2072.88.
Station 7 catered a dinner for the team the last night. We could only provide 3 meals to the team this season due to the schedule. Lana organized the dinners that were provided. John and Sue provided the goodie bags that were given to the team for each road trip.
Gil thanked all who worked the table this season. There were a lot of donations provided that were sold to raise money.
Friday, Dec. 19 is the Christmas party. The members may have to pay a little more for the meal because the treasury is down from previous years. The social should start at 6 PM with dinner at 7 PM.
At the next meeting elections will be held. The meeting is scheduled on October 21st.
Jeff was asked to be parliamentarian. Tom will run the meeting because Gil is having both his knees replaced on Oct. 13th.
Tom asked if we could thank the front office for all they have done for the Fan Club. It was decided that the Fan Club will order pizza for the front office staff. Gil will check with Chris to see when lunch could be provided.
Gil shared that Brenda Sharp’s mother passed away. The funeral is in Milford on Wednesday.
· Cliff Flagella was honored with an award for Community Service. Brad Bergeson was selected as the Pitcher of the Minor League system. Doc shared pictures from the ceremonies in Baltimore with the members.
· Several players are going to Hawaii to play.
· Charlie Silcott suggested that we do a canned food drive. He offered to get a truck to take the cans to the selected charity. We agreed that two such drives could be conducted, one during the first half of next season and one during the second half. Gil will talk to Chris about this. Joseph House and the Food Bank were mentioned as possible charities. It was also discussed that the Fan Club could do some incentive for those who donate. ( A raffle for an autographed bat) The drive could start at the Fan Fest.
· Les Moore suggested that the club pay for one of two fences that are planned for the front of both dugouts. This funds are down this suggestion was tabled.
· News was shared on some of the injured players.
· Dave Bledsoe dropped by. Chris is in Maine talking to the owners.
· Dave reported that attendance was up at the stadium this year.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:20 PM.